Thursday, September 13, 2007

Emergency Services

I have found my self dialing 111 a lot lately (111 is the emergency number in New Zealand, although I think 911 works also). Last night I was walking my partners dog (Shiva - that's the name of the dog not my partner) and I spotted a small fire, unfortunately I didn't have my phone with me so I went home and dialed. Fortunately I returned to the scene with a bucket which the firemen used to put out the fire (the fire wasn't very accessible to the firetruck and I don't think they wanted to unravel their nicely coiled hoses).

A few nights earlier Jackie (my partner) and I were walking and spotted a tagger (graffitist?) and called the police, we got to watch (from a distance) as they hauled him away to the clink - actually I think they just took him home - he was pretty young. Over the last few years we've called the police a few other times and the fire department at least twice. I guess it comes from living in a less desirable neighbourhood and walking the dog after 10pm every night.

What has this got to do with Delphi, nothing.

No comments: